Jason Benton leads Parker Poe’s Professional Negligence & Product Liability Defense Group. He has diverse experience with litigation in both trial and appellate courts. He is among less than half a percent of American lawyers invited to become a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society that recognizes excellence among trial attorneys. His practice focuses on complex civil disputes with an emphasis on the defense of personal injury, property damage, municipal liability, product liability, and professional malpractice claims.
Across the areas he practices, clients rely on Jason for his preparation, attention to detail, and fearless approach to taking on challenges. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in North Carolina and the federal district courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina.
Jason counsels and represents clients across multiple industries on a broad range of issues that include:
- Personal injury, wrongful death and property damage claims
- Municipal and public official liability, including §1983 civil rights and police use of force claims
- Trucking and transportation liability
- Product liability, premises liability, industrial accidents, toxic torts, and catastrophic injury claims
- Professional malpractice, including engineering, architectural, accounting, and legal malpractice claims
- Errors and omissions, including insurance agent/broker liability
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Fair debt collection practices and other consumer action claims
- Eminent domain proceedings on behalf of private condemnors